March 25, 2013 by Kriscinda Lee Everitt
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Okay, so #1: check. #2: check. #3…err…hmmm. Using Linne’s as a template…
1. I do love to read. I thought grad school had just about killed it for me, but it turned out it was just fiction for a while. I went on a non-fiction kick for, like, a year. And then it turned out it was just literary fiction (funny, despite writing mostly genre stuff, I actually read a lot of literary fiction. Grad school shoves it down your throat, and so instead of widening my horizons, they actually helped narrow them). I’m sure I’ll get over it. For this year, though, I’ve promised myself that I will read primarily newer genre novels, 2000 or more recent. I’m only allowed to read older books if they happen to be on a previously made “I Gotta Get Around To Reading These” list.
2. Hmm. I am planning on using this next winter to learn how to use the sewing machine my mother gave me. By next spring, I expect to have the most awesome collection of ugly, 70s-style, big-ass-collared shirts, ever. It’s going to be sweet…
3. A thing I’ve learned about myself lately: I’ve learned that I know better about what is and is not good for my back than the chiropractor. He’s a good guy and all—and he’s helpful for some things, like popping my rib back in when I’ve popped it out inadvertently—but I’ve got to take matters into my own hands, I think. I have for the last few days and frankly, my back feels a bit better already. Well, better than usual…
4. When I am feeling particularly crappy, I watch Little House on the Prairie. It is so not metal, and I don’t care. I’ll throw down with anyone who wants to bust on the Ingalls family…*shakes fist at Nellie!*
6. I am a pescetarian, atheist, feminist, democratic socialist. I’ve discovered that any one of these things is something almost everyone hates.
7. Finally, for some reason, round about this time of year, every year, I get the urge to watch Jaws. Like, the kind of urge I think about every day until I can watch it. I think it’s about time I just admit that this must be my favorite movie. There’s nothing I don’t like about it. It’s kind of perfect. In fact, I’m gonna watch it this week! =)
So, #5 is where I have trouble, because, honestly I don’t follow too many blogs. In fact, I follow very few. And I don’t actually interact very much on them. Like, Linne is one of the few people I converse with, but she’s already tagged me for this (and therefore was tagged herself).
Man, I’m just gonna call out Marla and call it a day.
May I please direct you to the lovely Traveling Marla? Marla is tremendously inspiring and really, just have a nice leisurely browse through her past postings and see for yourself. In the past year she’s tackled her fitness goals with gusto, she’s been working on her memoir (and just about has that agent nailed), and she’s currently preparing to move to South Africa for a few years. Those are just a few inspiring things up Marla’s sleeve.
Well, this has been fun…thanks, Linne! =)